We got together tonight to get the ball rolling on the game. The plan wasn’t to actually start the game (that’ll come later on) but to talk characters and setting. More of a bull session than anything else, really.
I’d say we were successful!
Sure, we didn’t quite get all of our characters made, but we got two of them completed (and relationships rolled!) and we’ve got a solid foundation for a third member of the party.
I was going to provide a depth-y blow-by-blow of the night, but I think we’ll all be better served by bullet points.
- The initial setting of the campaign was more-or-less decided on New Port
- We discussed One Unique Things, Icon Relationships and Backgrounds
- Someone (D_Raino, I think?) suggested everyone should be from just-left-of-center, legally speaking
- queenbigtoe started Malika
- livioroxas had to leave, but took some character sheets with him
- Osmotic created Decius
- D_Raino created Kreth-Nugar
- Osmotic rolled Icon Relationship dice
- D_Raino rolled Icon Relationship dice
- We basically called it a night
- I’m still freaking out about how awesome this is going to be
For a little bit more detail, Decius is the sole survivor of some strange program geared around breeding a new Crusader. When his line was found to contain demonic stock, it was eradicated. This has, as you can imagine, led to a complicated relationship with the Crusader. Will Decius’ skill at arms and the weight of the destiny originally chosen for him win out over his infernal heritage?
(Osmotic rolled both a 5 and a 6 on his relationship dice with the Crusader.)
Kreth-Nugar is a professional freeloader, skulk-about, occult scholar… and a sorcerer infused with the soul of a demon, thanks to a sacrifice his parents made in his youth. He left his simple home behind, likely because he knew that his strange powers would eventually bring them misery. He’s wary of the Diabolist despite her “gift” and he expects trouble from the Crusader… but it seems like the Prince of Shadows might be paying some attention to him.
(D_Raino rolled 5 and a 6 on his relationship dice with the Diabolist and a 6 on his die with the Prince of Shadows.)
Malika is a freedom- and attention-loving bard. She has the attention (or is it enmity?) of the Prince of Shadows.
(queenbigtoe doesn’t have Mal finished yet. I’ll update with more info when we have it.)
And that’s about the shape of things so far. I’ll continue to update as the campaign shapes up. I’m looking forward to the 21st!